Apply below to be part of the InspireLIFE BC pilot project, a unique online program that brings integrative cancer care to the comfort of your home. There are 24 spots in this pilot project at no cost.
Deadline to apply is May 7, 2013. Space is limited.
The InspireLIFE BC pilot program is presented by InspireHealth and offers select online programs and services in support of an integrative approach to cancer care. Through this program you will have access to our health care practitioners and learn powerful ways to alleviate symptoms of treatment, reduce the likelihood of recurrence, and optimize your body’s healing potential.
In order to qualify for this Pilot Program you must:
- Have a recent cancer diagnosis
- Be eager to take an active role in your healing journey
- Live in an area that is remote, rural, or not easily accessible to one of our three centres
- Have a high-speed internet connection with optional web-cam
- Complete an intake form, a health history form, and a seven-day food journal
- Sign a release to allow InspireHealth physicians access to your patient records from the BC Cancer Agency
In addition to MSP-covered appointments with an InspireHealth physician, the following services will be provided at no cost in exchange for your participation:
- The Online Fireside Chat, a 45-min introduction to InspireHealth and integrative cancer care
- Two individual appointments by phone or video call with a nutritionist and a clinical counsellor
- Core elements of our signature LIFE Program offered in three interactive group webinars:
Foundations of Healing (May 14, 2-4pm) – Dr Judy Tang will be your facilitator for this module. Learn how an optimal integrative cancer care approach will engage the interrelated aspects of mind, body, spirit and immune system to create a solid foundation for health and recovery.
Nutrition: Inspiring Food Transformations (May 21, 2-4pm) – Nutritionist Lisa Marie Bhattacharya is your guide through this module that will teach you the key areas for nutritional change. Incremental but deliberate dietary changes can lead to dramatic improvements to your diet which allow you to optimize your body’s healing potential.
Healthy Communication and Support Group (May 28, 2-4pm) – Clinical Counsellor Victoria Pawlowski will be your facilitator for this supportive group experience. The research is clear that people who feel supported and who participate in support groups actually have better outcomes than those who go it alone. Join us online to benefit from the support group experience.
- Online cooking classes and exercise videos
- Live online meditation classes
Following the online classes, participants receive:
- a 90 min phone or video appointment with an IH physician* (MD) and 30 minute follow-ups as per the physician’s recommendation
- a 75 min phone or video appointment with an IH nutritionist (RHN or CNP)
- a 75 min phone or video appointment with an IH clinical counselor (RCC)
- access to a private online community network
- 100-page Integrative Cancer Care Guide (pdf)
* All visits with InspireHealth physicians are fully covered under MSP.
You will receive confirmation shortly after your application is received. We expect spaces will fill up quickly and we will be selecting applicants on a first-come first-served basis.
Questions about this program can be directed to InspireLIFE BC Program Manager Paul Paddon (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Program Assistant Christina Peressini (email@example.com) or by phoning the Vancouver office at 604 734 7125.